Pages

Iney Frank Quote

A bell is not a bell
until you ring it.
A song is not a song
until you sing it.

The love in your heart
was not put there to stay.
Love is not love
until you give it away.


- Unknown

Monday, December 26, 2011

Joy to the World

December 25th – MERRY CHRISTMAS!  I hope your day was full of joy and time with your family, either your relatives or your adopted family.  My day was full of both … and my family here is full of love and warmth, joking and laughing … just like my family back home.

One of my little friends told me today that her sister had a baby.  She is one of my friends in most need of love and affection, the same little friend who fell asleep in my arms during Las Posadas.  I thought it was so appropriate that she receive this little gift on Christmas day, a new bundle of joy.

Today was full of cooking!  After going to church this morning, we had a simple Christmas brunch.  I spent the day cooking.   Three little helpers stopped by to wish us Merry Christmas while the others were resting.  I invited them up.  We had cookies and coke to celebrated Jesus´ birthday together and then helped me prepare the green bean casserole.  After that, they colored pictures to take home to their infirm grandmother as a gift.

Joy and St. Nick went to deliver donation bags to the family who is the most in need in our acquaintance.  They spent the afternoon with them playing games with the kids and talking with the adults.  Padrito had masses to celebrate and Grace prepared the house for the evening.  At 3 pm Grace and two of our teens came to help me.  And at 6 pm our twenty-two teens began arriving for our Christmas dinner of chicken, rice and green bean casserole.  Before dinner we sang carols and after dinner we had a secret Santa gift exchange.  The day was completed by talking with my family.  Today, though far from home, I felt at home, because we celebrated the day with love and with dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment