Pages

Iney Frank Quote

A bell is not a bell
until you ring it.
A song is not a song
until you sing it.

The love in your heart
was not put there to stay.
Love is not love
until you give it away.


- Unknown

Monday, November 7, 2011

An American in Teguc

Actually, there were 13 americans in our small parish yesterday morning.  I was so happy and very surprised to see so many gringos!  They are on a week long mission trip from Cinncinati and had come to visit our church because they sponsor the neighborhood school.

I had trouble concontrating on what was said during mass, because I was so excited to go say hello after.  This kind crew invited me and one of my roommates to join them for a coffee at Duncan Donuts after mass, their treat!  It was fun to go and talk with them for a little while before their next appointment.

Fortunately, their schedule cleared for the afternoon and they came back to our house after their lunch to have coffee, juice and pan dolce (cookies).  For over an hour we talked and answered lots of questions!  It was wonderful to make new friends and introduce them to our home and to three of our friends from the neighborhood.

I look forward to the next chance encounter like this that changes our schedule and enriches my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment