Pages

Iney Frank Quote

A bell is not a bell
until you ring it.
A song is not a song
until you sing it.

The love in your heart
was not put there to stay.
Love is not love
until you give it away.


- Unknown

Thursday, October 6, 2011

T is for Time

Written in September ...
I blinked and summer is ending.  As usual, my time has not been my
own.  When I was little it belonged to my parents, then school seemed
to own it, then work.  If I learned anything this summer, it is that
there is a time for everything.  Time to travel, to move, to study, to
make new friends and to say goodbye.

In July, it was time again for camp.  My "maybe one more year" came
true as I went back to the place where I have received so much in the
hope of giving something back.  Instead, I received far more than I
could ever hope to give.  I went back this summer living, as Merry Dad
says, every Mystic mom's dream of going back when I am still young
enough to enjoy everything and old enough to try to savor each
fleeting moment - each swim in the Guad, each trail ride, each cabin
devotional, each Sonic Slushy filled night off and each time someone
stopped me to chat or invited me to go on a walk.  Deep in the heart
of Texas, I went home to one of my many a homes, one full of many
happy, summer memories.

It is amazing to me how richly blessed I am with friendships.  The
time I had this summer was short, but full.  And if home is where the
heart is, then I have homes all over the country thanks to this oasis
in the middle of the Hill Country.  A part of my heart will always be
in Hunt with the beautiful family who invites so many girls into
their hearts each summer. But it is also in Boston with my boss who I
call sister.  In New York and in Penn with my co-counselors who are new,
life-long friends.  In Dallas with my first camp friend who is now
playing house with her husband.  And with my new cabin scattered
across the state and around the country.  I will forever smile when I
hear Celine or watch a wobble ... thinking of the cabin time we had.
So as summer ends, it is time to start thinking about packing I should
soon have a ticket for an early October departure to my new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment